These parameters are used during debugging this web site.
They are probably not very useful unless you're looking at the source files.
But for the curious:
- is the verbose level.
It controls how wordy the output is.
- V=0 turns off all messages, which is probably not a good idea.
- V=1 produces only serious messages about failures.
- V=2 gives a trace of the major actions and data values.
- V=3 gives a lot more detail.
- is the test index number.
This is used to select between alternative versions of something that are
distinguished by a number.
- is the test name.
It is used to select an alternate name for something being worked on.
This is mostly to avoid changing the "live" version until the changes are tested.
Most of the programs here have "tune" in their name; selecting "test" will use
a version that has "test" instead.